Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

We awoke to another beautiful day here and boy are we glad to not be in Ames right now.  It is only 2 degrees for a high and brutal wind chills.  Today we have only a slight breeze and it is hot!  We worked on cleaning up our new truck this morning.  We wanted to "clean it our way".  We made a trip to the grocery store and picked up the rest of our things from the barge.  I had ordered a bottle of vinegar and expected to receive a little one (16 fl oz).  They sent a huge thing (l.32 gallons, 5 liters)!!
Why would they do this? Obviously, it will last me a life time!

 This morning we discovered the air conditioning in our truck does not work.  We are awaiting a call back from Vampt Motors.  They are the ones we had make sure everything worked on our truck before shipping it to Little Cayman.  I am sure they will make it right.

We ate an early lunch and headed to the north side to snorkel.  When we got there, Tom and Patty were already there.  We didn't even plan it like that.  I saw a huge turtle and swam around with him for a long time.  I am always looking for turtles.  They are my favorite snorkel buddies.  I also saw a nice ray and the biggest parrot fish ever!  The size of a cruise ship!  ha ha ha!  Then I discovered I was way too far out in the sea.  This is why the fish was so large!  I was very alarmed and tried to hurry back in but there was a strong current and I felt I was swimming and not moving forever!  Boy, was I ever tired after that!  What a fun afternoon!

Tonight we went to Wet Your Whistle Wednesday and had a wonderful time!  Lots of friends were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment