Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Life is treating me good here in paradise!  It is late at night and I am finally updating my blog.  Yesterday Natalie and I went on a long bike ride and hike and just had fun.  Richard and Natalie went to The Hungry Iguana to watch Iowa State play basketball on their TV.  While they did that, I made potato salad and a few other things.  We were invited to a party at Brian and Cammies house for dinner with three other couples and we all brought food along.  We had a super fun time with lots of really nice people.

Today we did another bike ride and hike and then we took the "floaties" out in the water.  What fun!!
Then we layed on the beach and Richard brought us our books and a coconut with a straw.  He was our "beach boy"!!!!  After lunch, Natalie and I started working on our sign for the house.  I have a great piece of driftwood that has taken a long time to find and we settled on a name for the house.  Richard will put a long piece of bamboo cemented in the ground to post our sign.  When this is finished I'll post a picture of our handiwork.

This afternoon we even had a little time to play cards out on the porch.  The weather has been so nice.  Natalie made supper tonight and I helped.  It was a fabulous curry dish with sweet potato, black beans, coconut milk and tons of vegees all over rice.  We ate outside, which we have been doing pretty much all the time.

Tomorrow early we are catching a plane for the Brac.  We will explore the island and be back on the last flight back to Little Cayman.  Maybe the Brac won't have the nasty bugs that have been bothering Natalie here.  There are a few other people we know here who also have reactions to them.      

2 comments:

  1. The bug thing is so strange, is it just some people get worse reactions like they are allergic? I remember being worried about it when I came and I barely noticed a bug bit the whole time!

    ReplyDelete