Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday, February 6, 2015

Hello paradise!  What a beautiful day we woke up to today!  The water looked like glass and we decided to take advantage.  After a hardy breakfast we took the kayaks to Owen Island.  We spent the whole morning there just playing in the water and having fun.  We took our snorkel gear along and I did some snorkeling.  I managed to see a few nice fish.  I had just gotten out of the water and I turned around and thought I saw a really large shark.  I thought it couldn't be, must be a stingray!  It was a huge nurse shark!!  Who would think it would be so close to the shore.  It must have been checking us out.  Just minutes earlier I would have been swimming with it.  Richard had the camera but we had to remind him to take a picture.  He was as surprised as me!!  The water was so clear, we took photos right from shore!  What a morning it turned out to be!

After lunch, we headed out in search of iguanas.  Mahogany Bay had a lot of them in the past and we did find them again.   We had taken lettuce along to feed them.  We had it in a zip lock bag.  Natalie had the bag in her hand and was squatted down feeding one and suddenly he just snapped the whole bag right out of her hand.  We both jumped a foot!!  What a riot!!

We hiked the trail to Preston Bay and enjoyed the sights and then headed to the barge.  My new lamps had arrived.  Yes, we finally found lamps at Grand and I just love them.  They look so great in the living room.  I am glad we waited and found the perfect ones.  There were a few other fun items we had bought on Grand that arrived too, so it was like Christmas day for me!!  Now we wait for the next barge to arrive.  It will hold our truck which I did manage to pack with a lot of purchases also.  We are sure accumulating a lot of "stuff" here at the house lately.  

Natalie wanted to eat dinner at The Hungry Iguana tonight, so of course we did!  What a meal!  Tonight we are all exhausted.  This sunshine and warm weather seems to be wearing us out.
Natalie feeding one of the iguanas.  This is the one who grabbed the bag!
 
Eating dinner at The Hungry Iguana.
Taking a hike island style!

No comments:

Post a Comment