Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wednesday, February 20,2019

This morning I did my workout and it was a hot day for it.  Boy, did I sweat!  I did a load of laundry and other house work.  Doesn't take long to get things done here as this is not a huge house.  I also spent time enjoying the beach so I guess one could say, I get easily side tracked! 

Last night, I was in a deep sleep when I was rudely awakened by heavy rain blowing in the windows.  2:30 in the morning and I fly out of bed to close windows! Our cisterns are full again!  It is so strange how these rains show up out of nowhere.  Very different that Iowa.  As long as I wake up to sunshine, I am fine with an overnight rain shower. 

After lunch, we put my kayak in the back of the truck and headed to the north side.  It was time to do some lobstering.  We snorkeled the reef looking for them.  We put a rock anchor to secure the kayak.  This will be used to haul our mighty load of lobster to shore.  I saw tons of colorful fish and beautiful coral.  I did not see a single lobster!  Richard and Mark both saw a little one.  It was a wonderful time.  It was fine to not get a lobster.  We see really giant lobster when we are in protected waters.  It is like they know to stay where they are safe from us predators. 

Cutie Pie continues to hang out here on our property with us.  I'm so glad he is here yet.  The little bananaquits are loving our water on the porch.  The geckos are gone.  Boy do I miss them.  I hope something is done with all the feral cats on the island.  What a shame!  In just a couple years they took over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment