Monday, February 4, 2019

Monday, February 4, 2019

It was another peaceful, calm, sunny, hot day on Little Cayman.  Totally perfect!  This morning, I did my workout.  I have to improvise a lot but I did it.  I do pull ups on a Sea Grape tree branch.  Yes! 

Richard went fishing. I did a load of laundry.  I sat on a beach chair and gazed at the beautiful water.  Egrets and other birds flew past.  Three lovely pelicans caught my eye.  After lunch on the porch, I finally accomplished a food order to be flown in from Grand.  I have been working on this for a week.  Very frustrating!  After contacting several stores on Grand, I finally found a salesman to sell me a floor lamp.  It will arrive on the barge with our new mattress.  No one knows when the barge will sail this week.  May not sail for at least another week!  Such is the life on our tiny island.  Patience is a virtue! 

This afternoon, I spent in the water.  It was so quiet and perfect.  I was so relaxed.  Suddenly, there was a huge explosion!!!  Smoke billowed instantly about 100 ft in the air.  The whole island shook.  I swear the water shook!  It was right across the road and down about 1/4 block from our property!  I got out of the water as fast as I could.  It looked like a nuclear bomb went off!  Richard raced on the scooter to see what happened! 

The quarry set off dynamite to mine limestone.  No warning.  Who knew!  Birds shot out into the sky and flew away to save themselves.  Usually they get rocks from Cayman Brac by boat.  Hopefully, they never do this on our island again.  Richard found rocks on our road from this.  Not a good situation at all.   

Tonight we had fish tacos on the porch and watched a gorgeous sunset,  grateful for the peaceful quiet once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment