Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday, January 13, 2019

This morning I woke up in paradise!  Last night we didn't have a strong breeze blowing in the window on us.  I still slept great and got up to enjoy a gorgeous, sunny, perfect weather day.  Waking up to this beautiful water view is just breathtaking!  How I love being here!  We ate breakfast on the porch and got ready for the day.  I went on a huge bike ride with a friend while we caught up on all the latest island news.  She is an avid bike rider and I had a workout and a good sweat.  Fun! 

Lunch was on the porch, of course.  After lunch I changed to my suit and headed to the water.  I had so much fun!  What a dream come true! 

Richard went to work on the boat.  When we left the island last April he serviced the boat and had it ready for storage.  Shortly after we were gone the guys decided to put it in the water.  Somehow, the boat sank.  This is not what you want to happen to a boat.  When we arrived, they said they had been working on it.  They replaced all the wiring but they couldn't get the motor to run.  Richard spent the afternoon working on it and came home just before dinner.  Good news!  The motor is purring once again.   I was so worried about this boat!  We had finally bought the new motor and were looking forward to some good, carefree days of fishing.  Thank heavens for this happy ending!  We knew nothing about this sinking issue until we got here on the island.  The guys worked hard to solve all the issues.  There are many talented people on this tiny island. 

Dinner was served on the porch tonight while we watched the beautiful sunset.  The water is flat and so pretty.  Tonight I may challenge Richard in a card game.  Last night I beat him in every game!

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment