Saturday, January 12, 2019

Saturday, January 12, 2019

We made it!  I arrived in paradise yesterday on the last flight to Little Cayman!  What a day it was!  I woke at 2:15 A.M. to leave the house by 3:30 in the morning.  Everything went smooth getting out of the house with shut down.  There were no snow storms to worry about, the roads were clear.  Just a few miles from DesMoines I realized I had forgotten my prescription sunglasses!!  I instantly felt sick and nervous on the realization.  How could I have done this.  I need sunglasses in the Caribbean!! 

Luckily, I have the most wonderful friends.  All it took was one text message and I was rescued.  My sunglasses are on the way via Fed Ex and will arrive soon.  I searched shops in Charlotte, NC and Grand Cayman for clip-on sunglasses to cover my eyeglasses.  No luck!!  Thank heavens for hats!  I really don't want to squint a lot as I don't need more wrinkles around my eyes. 

This year we had the most suitcases ever!  So many supplies!  Each case weighed in at 48 pounds so we were thrilled.  All our suitcases arrived with us so another win!  We got through Customs like a breeze! 

Our truck was waiting for us at the airport and the air conditioner was fixed and the truck ran great!  The grocery store was closed so we went right to the house.  Everything was in good shape outside and all was well inside too.  The outside porch looked like I had arrived early and cleaned it up myself!  This was our best arrival year yet!  It was so great to walk into the house and see everything ready and raring to go!  To celebrate we headed to Iggys for dinner.  When we got home, I started unpacking.  I couldn't believe the energy I had after being up so early.  I guess that is what paradise will do for you! 

The windows were open for a nice breeze, I started the latest book by Anne Tyler and off to sleep I went! 

This morning we realized there was absolutely no breakfast food in the house.  Southern Cross Club to the rescue!  We had the best breakfast ever, sitting outside at the beach.  Then we headed to the store to get some groceries.  Today we worked around the house and had a lovely supper on the porch watching a pretty sunset.  I'm excited for tomorrow, friends have invited me for a bike ride.  Let this adventure begin!!

1 comment:

  1. Just now catching up! I can't wait to read about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete