Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday, January 18, 2019

Just a quick update on life on my tiny island paradise.  Today I rode my bike down to the grocery store to discover empty shelves again.  So sad that we have nothing in our store.  Luckily, I had placed an order with Fosters on Grand and it arrived by plane today around 3:00.  We can eat!  I ordered several large bags of potato chips.  Each one arrived burst open!  Darn!  This order was three boxes and cost $68.00 US to ship and the items were $139.00.  The bananas arrived terribly bruised.  Sad.

I had a nice relaxing day.  A load of laundry, read on the beach, relaxed in the hammock and in the afternoon cut down a bunch of new tree growth. 

My big event of the day was the arrival of my sunglasses.  Boy am I happy to be reunited with them!
We had to pay the district officer another $5.00 to get them from him.  What a riot! 

Tonight Richard and I took the boat out on a sunset cruise.  Yesterday, he discovered the battery suddenly went dead.  So there was another $200.00 for a new battery!  Boats sure like a lot of attention!  Expensive attention! 



No comments:

Post a Comment