Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday, February 2, 2018

Today is so beautiful!  We had a downpour in the middle of the night.  Paradise is like this, get some rain and it is still a beautiful day!

My grocery order did not show up again today on the 3:00 flight they said it would be on.  It messed up my afternoon to be there to get it.  They said maybe tomorrow!  Suddenly the phone rang at almost 6:30.  It was the airport calling me that my order was here.  Surprise!  I had called and talked to Cargo and suggested they try a different time of day.  So many people are coming on afternoon flights.  It worked.  Such excitement!  How nice of our tiny airport to wait for us to get our order.  This place is great!

In the meantime, I had stopped at the store and bought a bread mix and improvised with my bread machine.  I have a loaf of bread baking as I type!  I have no idea if it will be tasty.  Now my GF bread has arrived and I have bread coming out of my ears!  This is still a learning experience on this island.  Food and supplies are always a challenge. 

Richard managed to go diving today with the guys.  This is the first time he was able to use the new BCD he bought last year from friends who were leaving the island.  Turned out it leaked really bad.  How disappointing!  One of the guys gave him his to use so he still got to dive.  What a super guy!

Had a fun phone call this evening from Mother and my niece, Amanda.  We did Face Time.  I showed off my new kitchen and we talked a long time.  Modern technology is fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment