Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Another great day in paradise!  Today was the day my big grocery/supply order was to arrive from Grand.  How exciting!  I went to the airport at 3:00 to pick it up.  The plane was full of passengers with lots of luggage.  This meant there was no room for my groceries.  After waiting around, I got an email from the store saying this was the first time this happened in four years.  My order was sent back to the store for storage until Friday morning for shipment.  I don't know why it can't be sent tomorrow.  Darn!  That's island life!

A few of our friends were arriving on the plane while I was there.  It was fun to be there to greet them.

Today I worked on the beach for a couple hours.  Beautiful beaches don't just happen.  They need upkeep.  Especially if stickers want to show up.  They are a curse!  I am going to find someone who will maintain the beach while we are gone who will really do it.  Making that happen while not on island is difficult. 

Richard has bought a new motor for the boat.  They were unsuccessful today with their repairs.  So we invested almost $8,000 repairing the thing only to have to buy a new one.  Oh, to be able to see to the future!  It's a good thing money grows on trees!!!

Tomorrow morning work will continue on my kitchen.  I called the contractor today and he said parts are in.  I'm crossing my fingers as I type! 

Tonight I fixed spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner.  It is a good comfort food!  We ate it on our porch overlooking the lovely Caribbean sea.   

No comments:

Post a Comment