Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday, February 18, 2018

I am still in paradise!  It is a very busy paradise this year!  Last I posted was Tuesday, so here goes.  I'm sure I will forget a lot of what is happening when I skip so many posting days.  Wednesday we went out with friends for Valentines Day.  It was tons of fun!  We have met so many fun, nice couples here on the island.  I had fish tacos.  One of my favorites!  I had to cook supper on Thursday.  Luckily I remembered how to cook! 

Friday, we went to friends for a super delicious dinner.  There was nine of us and we ate outside on their patio.  It is on the water, of course!  Afterward, we walked down on their dock and lay down to better stare up at the stars.  Joe had his laser pointer with so we could find all the constellations.  Their beach furniture is so comfy, we all lingered down on the beach until after 10:00!  The serious fishermen still got up early the next morning to get after those tuna! 

Saturday there was a fundraiser at the LC Museum.  A couple years ago they built a brand new museum on the island.  I liked the old one, but this one is pretty fancy.  They had a silent and live auction.  Hors d'oeuvres and wine were served and boy were they fancy!  There was even an ice sculpture.  Everyone was dressed up too. 

Saturday was a pretty monumental day!  Richard finally got his new motor installed on the boat!  The technician arrived from Grand and Robin brought his backhoe to lift the motor on.  They finished just in time for the tech to make his flight back to Grand.  Last night, Richard and I took it for a sunset cruise before rushing off to the Museum event.  The motor needs to be "broke in"  before he can take it to a high speed to go through the cut.  Tomorrow morning it will be ready.  Ian is going with him on the maiden voyage.  Hopefully, they will return with tons of fish, (or at least one)!! 

I made some bean bags and we filled them with sand from Point of Sand.  Richard constructed  platforms using our old countertops.  Now we have a bean bag toss game to use on our beach.  We are ready for some fun! 
Our fun group for Valentines Day dinner.
Here is cute Marcia showing off the ice sculpture!
Here are my bean bags being filled and sewn up.
Our beautiful sunset on our sunset cruise using our brand new motor.
Richard driving his boat with the brand new motor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment