Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday, February 5, 2018

Wow!  I woke up on this beautiful island paradise again today!  This is so great!  Yesterday and today were so warm and just perfect.  I just love it. 

We went to watch the Super Bowl LII (52) last night at the Hungry Iguana again this year.  They had a crowd.  I went for the free popcorn and their fish and chips dinner.  They fix the best french fries on the face of the earth and they prepare their fish with Wahoo or Mahi Mahi, whichever is fresh that day.  Need I say more!!  When we got home, a really huge white snow crab was in the middle of our driveway.  He was so slow!  We sat there forever waiting for him to mosey along to the other side!  What a character! 

I have been going on my bike ride and beach walk early in the morning.  I have decided this is the best therapy on earth.  It is just so enjoyable! 

Today I was in the kitchen and turned around and there was Lionel, the huge iguana, staring at me in the screen door on the porch!  What a surprise!  He wanted to see what I was up to, I guess.  The birds water was almost dry so I imagine he drank it up.  I am not feeding him or any of our iguanas as there is plenty of greenery on the island.  If I feed him, he will come every day and bug me for yummies. 

Saturday evening we had friends over for dinner.  They brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  What a surprise!  They are so pretty. 

Today I snorkeled at the house and saw the cutest fish.  He was a good size and almost rounded.  His color was yellow stripes. 

Tomorrow is Super Tuesday at the tiny island grocery store.  That is where I will be bright and early.
They offer a 15% discount the first Tuesday of every month and I will take full advantage.  I am having a "couple of couples" over Wednesday for dinner so this is perfect timing!

Richard installed my under counter lights today in the kitchen.  Talk about bright!  It is great!  Everything is finished in my kitchen now except the broken cabinet door.  I wish they would fix it so I could take my pictures of the finished product.  Maybe I'll just have to take photos with the missing door.  Darn!
Pretty flowers!  I put them in this adorable little cream pitcher.
Here goes Lionel starting down the steps.  What a character!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment