Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday, January 26, 2018

This morning Richard and I took the bikes down to SCC.  We needed to pick up our shirts for tomorrow mornings bike/run/walk fundraiser.  Afterwards, we walked the beach.  That is one of my favorite things to do here.  Maybe Richard will want to do it more often now too. 

When we arrived back home, the tile guy was working away in the kitchen.  What a wonderful surprise!  He was installing my knobs on the cabinets!  Boy, do I love having knobs!  He also started the grout work on my tile.  We are using white grout.  I actually liked the no grout look as it looked like gray grout.  I am still not sure about this.  I think it gives some contrast and goes good with my knobs.  The white is beautiful, and I will get used to it.  He will be back tomorrow to work on tile again.  He is very meticulous.  The silver trim piece was the wrong size so we are waiting on that and my cabinet door is still not fixed.  Waiting on a new hinge. 

Richard built a little dock for our kayaks today.  Now we don't have to drag them into the water.  I went out on my floaty this afternoon and lounged afterwards on a beach chair.  I am in paradise!

Here is a picture of the kayak dock.  Poor double kayak has to stay on the sand.  
I couldn't resist taking another picture of the tiki torches on the porch.  Richard is caught resting in the hammock after dinner.  It was such a beautiful evening.
Here is a blue heron checking out our mangrove.  He was over by the kayak and slowly crept close to the bush.  

No comments:

Post a Comment