Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday, January 22, 2018


Here is Cutie Pie visiting us.  He is just to the left of the two new coconut trees.


Tonight we ate dinner on the porch while watching the sunset over the Caribbean.  We moved our Tiki Torches to the porch.

We have been very busy here on Little Cayman.  Our property is looking good, as we have been working diligently.  I still do not have knobs on my cabinets but today my backsplash tile arrived.  Soon it will be installed.


Last night we went to the Hungry Iguana for dinner with friends and to watch the Vikings play the Eagles.  Sadly, the Vikings lost.  We all wanted them to win as they are hosting the Super Bowl this year. 

All our friendly critters have been getting used to our arrival.  Yesterday Cutie Pie posed for a photo by our new coconut trees.  We were excited to find three of the coconuts we "planted" last year have made significant growth.  They are in the back, not on the beach.  Our beach ones continue to struggle.  They just don't like our beach.  Who knows why?? 

Our sweet, friendly Bananaquits are visiting on the porch and back patio looking for their water and bird bath.  Today I ate an orange while sitting in the back and several came and flitted around me.  They needed attention, so I went and got a dish for water.  As I was sitting there one really tiny bird came and sat right on my knee!!!  It felt so weird!!  I couldn't believe it! He stayed for a long time and didn't even poop on me!  One of the birds took a super long bath.  It was adorable!  After such a wet season, I didn't think they would be looking for our water.  They are just the cutest things. 

Our little iguanas have grown up and are so cute.  Today the tiniest one walked on to the beach with me and stood up against a great big rock and looked over the top of it.  It kept gazing out at the water turning its head back and forth so it didn't miss a thing!  They have such personalities!

It is so much fun to be back on island.  This environment is so different than back home in Iowa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment