Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thursday, January 25, 2018

There are no photos yet of my completed kitchen!  The tile installer didn't show today!  I am very disappointed.  So close and yet so far away!

Today was a sunny and beautiful day with a good strong breeze.  Perfect to work on our jungle removal.  We are making great progress on clearing both sides of our driveway.  It is exciting!  I should have Richard take a picture of me dressed for this excavation work.  First of all, my face is white with zinc oxide, sunglasses are on along with my hat.  I wear a long sleeve PFG protected shirt and long pants also with PFG protection.  I tuck my pants into a pair of scuba boots no longer used for diving.  Of course a good pair of gloves too.  All this is because of skin cancer issues and this year I am having a reaction to bites from tiny ants.  I have to be all tucked in all roasty toasty!  I look like I am ready for an Iowa winter instead of working in hot 85 degree sun.  It is working for me and that is good.  I sweat a lot so I am drinking plenty.  The locals who work outside all day here dress just like me.  They don't fart around with this sun and biting critters. 

We have been eating outside this year again and tonight enjoyed another beautiful sunset over the water as we ate. 

A little relaxing has been done in a hammock but this year has been pretty busy so far.  Soon work will be finished and I will do some serious lounging. 


No comments:

Post a Comment