Saturday, January 27, 2018

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Today we got up early to go on our Bike/Run/Walk fundraiser for cancer.  We left the house a little before 6:30 on our bikes.  It was windy!  The wind pushed us along down to SCC.  The course the event took us on was the same as last year.  It was great until we had to go against the wind!  Wow!  My knees were hurting! 

It was all worth it!  Breakfast was at Southern Cross Club following the race.  Every fruit and berry you can imagine was served.  The real treat is everything is cut up and served, ready to eat.  Waffles, pancakes, breads, bagels, rolls, cereal, bacon, sausage, omelets with tons of choices of additives, eggs any way you want them!  I'm sure I am missing something!  All kinds of fresh squeezed juices and hot drinks.  Boy, did I eat!  The cost was $13.00 CI per person.  This was a special lower price because of the event. 

Pedaling home was against the wind and at times I literally was not moving.  Some times I walked my bike instead of riding.  We have never had wind like this!  What the heck!!  Our property is kind of sheltered from this wind.  Still a strong breeze but not bad.

I expected our tile guy to be at the house when we arrived.  That was the plan when he left yesterday.  He didn't show today.  Tomorrow is Sunday, so I can plan he won't be here.  Today we spent time looking for furniture pieces for the living area and a new mirror for the bathroom.  All this is done on-line and per phone.  Very time consuming and frustrating. 

We ate lunch and dinner out on the porch.  Hard to believe I could eat again after that huge breakfast.
It's amazing how much I eat while on this island paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment