Monday, February 28, 2022

February 28, 2022 Monday

It is the last day of February already.  I haven't been updating my blog a lot this year.  This can mean I am too busy having fun or just too lazy to type!  Yesterday the wind died down and this morning the wind speed is zero.  The still days really heat up but we haven't turned on the air.  I wonder if today will be the day! 

Friday we went to dinner at Southern Cross Club with friends.  One of the original founders of the Club was on island with his family. It was his birthday so SCC set off fireworks! What a display!  It was way more spectacular than the City of Ames 4th of July celebration.  What a treat!  A huge cake was served to all and there was LIVE MUSIC!  We had so much fun!!!  There are some really talented people on this island.  We sure get entertained a lot.  I know they set off fireworks on New Years Eve here every year too.  We have never been here then but everyone tells me they are spectacular!  

Yesterday, we went lobstering.  We got three!  Talk about exciting!  Today is the last day one can harvest lobsters here. The season is ending until December 1.  Tonight we are getting together with friends and having a lobster feast! Yes!

Richard went fishing for tuna this morning with two guys.  They caught nine!!!  He said they could have got more but that was enough.  I'll say!  Tomorrow Greg is going along and they will catch more but will share with people who don't fish. 

This morning on my walk, the mosquitos went along!  With no wind they hitched a ride on my body.  When I got back to the house I practically bathed in Cortaide!  It is so fun to walk and go on bike rides here.  This is living!  Time to go out to my hammock on my beach and read and watch the beautiful Caribbean waters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment