Saturday, March 18, 2017

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Hello from paradise!  This morning it was wonderful to wake up and still be here on the island.

 About 7:15 the power went out!  It didn't come back on until 12:30.  I was starting to panic!  Without electricity we also have no water.  The time was put to good use anyway.  I started packing up my kitchen and bath for the remodel. It turns out, I have more things in my cabinets than I originally thought.

After lunch I went in the water and truly enjoyed it.  No matter how long I would be here, it would still be hard to leave.  When I first got in the water I almost stepped on a smaller stingray.  I think I startled him.  He didn't notice me and I sure didn't see him either!  I wasn't out long and I almost bumped into the biggest turtle I have ever seen in our waters.  Once again, we both startled each other it seemed.  Our heads were about a foot and a half apart.  Boy, was that cool!  His whole body came up out of the water!

Tonight we had fresh yellow fin tuna for dinner with potatoes, broccoli, carrots, green and red peppers all cooked on the grill.  We also had a nice green salad as I am using up food.  We had chocolate gelato with brownies for dessert.  I have been eating an awful lot while on vacation this year.

Richard went to Iggy's to watch ISU play basketball again tonight.  The game doesn't start until 8:45.
I skipped tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment