Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday, March 13, 2017

I am finally writing on my blog again.  We have been so busy having fun that I just run out of time!  Last night we didn't get home until 10:30 and that was late for me.  We had dinner at some friends.  We watched the big orange full moon rise over the water while we played boccie ball on the beach.  We used coconuts for balls and did we ever have fun!  Linda had tables set up on the beach so we could eat out under the moonlight!

The night before, we were at Patti and Toms for dinner.  Tonight when I had to cook, I had almost forgotten how!

Our resident Iguana, Rocky, has become very familiar with us.  Yesterday when I went out to hang my laundry out I almost stepped on him.  He was on the porch!!  Of course he didn't move.  I had to wait on him.  He had come up to get a drink out of the Frisbee that I keep for the birds.  I was wondering if they drank.  It is amazing to watch him maneuver the steps.

Today Richard and I played  paddle ball (it is like badminton) on our beach barefoot!!  No stickers!  I have worked so hard to get our beach to this point.  We had fun!

Plans are all finalized with Robin to remodel my kitchen.  When I come back next year it will be completely different.  I'm excited but also nervous about it.  He is also doing our bathroom.

This is our last week on the island.  I plan on enjoying every minute of it!  It will be a long time before I return. The plan is to stay a lot longer next year.

Frigates having a feeding frenzy for scraps as the fish are cleaned.  That is Tom's head that bird is going after!

Fish having a feeding frenzy while the guys clean fish at the dock.  There are sharks, stingrays, tarpons and more!
Beautiful full moon rising over the water.  That is tiny Owen Island under it.  

Brian holding a 30 pound yellow fin tuna he caught yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment