Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

After a late night watching the ISU game again at Iggy's we just got to sleep when we were awakened by the sound of rain.  We rushed to close windows while breathing the fresh smell.  Another early fishing morning got us going again.  Everything was dead still!  Not a blade of anything was moving.  The water was like glass.  Richard had high hopes of catching the coveted Wahoo.

While he was gone, I did some exercises and got my bike ride in.  The sun was hot and there was no breeze.  Once home again, I sat on the beach to read while the laundry was being washed.  I love this life.  I began to notice a few nasty looking clouds coming in.

Richard and Tom returned with a nice tuna.  Life is good.  We got that fish cleaned up and I still was wondering if I should hang out my laundry.  The clouds were moving in on us.  Suddenly I noticed a nice cool breeze and then the lovely smell of rain.  Sure enough, it started to pour!  It rained for hours!  Our cistern was refilling.  This is unusual to have rain like this in early March.

We caught up with friends this evening at SCC for Wet Your Whistle Wednesday.  It was fun to hear what everyone did on a rainy day in paradise.  I finally hung out my load of laundry around 2:30 in the afternoon.  As I type this, I just remembered it is still on the line.  I forgot to get it in.  Hope it doesn't rain again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment