Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday, March 8, 2014

The last two days have been busy, busy!  Friday we got up super early again so Richard and Tom could go fishing.  The Wahoo were biting and conditions were great.  They headed out with high hopes!  I did my exercises and was just getting ready to go on my bike ride when I turned and looked at the water and there they were!  Heading to the dock!  I was sure they had caught the big one and were back to show it off.  This was not the case.  Turns out, the boat motor was dying!  They couldn't get over 5 mph.  Poor Richard!  So it looks like fishing is finished for this year.  He is taking the boat out of the water.  Next year we will have our own boat.  Problem solved.

I watered all the new little coconut trees and cactus and new christmas palms we had planted this year.  Richard proceeded to clean up his fishing reels.  My bike still needed to be ridden, so off I went.  It is so much fun to ride a bike here.  It was plenty early when I returned so I read my book on the beach.  What a hard life I am leading!  We ate an early lunch and headed out to snorkel.  We went to the north side to our favorite spot at Bloody Bay Wall.  We got there and our "car" died.  Unbelievable!  We finally made it to the power plant where Bujo works and lives.  Luckily, he was there and came to our rescue!  His wife brought us home and this morning he brought our repaired vehicle back to us.  Next year we will also have our own nice new car.  Problem solved.

When we returned from our car fiasco I got my floaty out and had some fun in the water here at the house.  It was hot and sunny and I wasn't ready to dry off yet.  What a day!  I did have to get cleaned up as last night was Mardi Gras and we were going!  This year they have the dinner and live band on Friday night.  It was tons of fun!  The parade was today and is impressive what this tiny island with 150 people can do.  Everyone seemed to have a great time.  We sure did!

Here we are waiting for the parade to start.  Marcia, Patty and myself.  Patty is holding their little poodle. 
 

Here comes the first float!  There was music and everything!

Our theme this year is "Our Islands Treasures".  Here is an iguana, a conch, a grouper, and the guy on the right has a turtle shell on his back.  That is coral at their feet.  

Here's another float.  There were several.  Each one was very artistic.  They worked hard on them.



Here is a photo of the "crowd".  We gathered in the parking area of Iggy's for the judging of the floats.  There was also the drawing for the raffle.  I tried to win an I-Pad Mini.  All the profits from the Mardi Gras go to the Little Cayman Trust.  


No comments:

Post a Comment