Saturday, January 29, 2022

January 29, 2022 Saturday

Things have been pretty busy here in paradise.  The weather has been fantastic and we are loving it!  Yesterday the wind speed was 2 mph!!  Today is breezier and it feels great!  I worked on clearing the jungle along our driveway this afternoon.  Richard took my picture.  I dressed in long pants tucked into my BOOTS!  My long sleeve UV protected shirt, gloves, sun glasses and UV wide brimmed hat and of course, my white war paint on my face! The sun and bugs and environment will not touch my body! I love working on our property.  The crew did a great job but there is still plenty for me to tackle.  

Yesterday, the UV Sterilizing equipment arrived.  We picked it up and discovered they only sent a bulb!  Richard called the company and they are going to try again.  So we will continue drinking bottled water. Just amazing!  The airport called and said my Cost U Less order had arrived.  We raced to get it only to discover someone else picked it up.  After driving all over, turns out the airport thought it was mine by mistake.  So I still await my Cost U Less order.  We ordered a new ceiling fan yesterday to be sent on the barge.  I'm anticipating a long wait.  

After supper last night Richard and I went for a nice bike ride.  It was fun to get on a bike again.  This morning I walked again.  Mid morning there was a sailboat in front of our house and it just sat there. As I was watching and wondering, they suddenly fell over!  Not seeing any activity, Richard got in his kayak to offer help.  Thankfully, everyone was fine and eventually got upright and carried on.  For a deserted island, we sure have a lot going on! Luckily, I had time to relax in a hammock this afternoon and do a little reading.  Awesome!  

This afternoon, Richard dressed in his finest Iowa State gear, headed to Iggy's to watch ISU play basketball.  Go ISU!!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment