Wednesday, January 12, 2022

January 12, 2022 Wednesday

Slept last night with all the windows open.  What a joy!  It is super quiet here.  After breakfast I went on a long walk and it was dead quiet.  Almost hurt your ears it was so quiet! Crazy!  

Good news!  Richard and I both tested negative on our Covid tests again today.  I was so worried as Richard has a very bad cold!  He was coughing all night again.  Hard to get any sleep when coughing and I didn't sleep either!  It is fine though, as I am in paradise!  

Yesterday our UV bulb went out on our water purification system.  We have extra bulbs, but the casing holding the bulb and seal is plastic.  It disintegrated when opening it.  Today we ordered a new system.  Costs a fortune but luckily, money grows on trees!  The new system will be here the end of the month.  I bought a jug of water and will boil water.  We have a rope filter so there is no sediment.  Every year we have some issue to deal with.  The surprise is discovering what it is on arrival!  Our island phone didn't work either.  Flow said if you don't use it for a year they keep all your "top up" money and take your number away.  We had no notice this is how it works!  $120.00 flushed down the tank!!  So we had to buy a new Sim card and get a new number.  We will have to have a plane in place for when we leave.  Maybe we will leave our phone with someone and have them use it every once in awhile when we are in the USA. 

We visited with friends today for a bit.  They are leaving in the morning.  We will get together with others when Richard is feeling better.  The water is super flat right now as there is almost no breeze at all.  The sky is gorgeous.  I am so lucky to be here and see it all.   Tomorrow we will get our vehicles licensed again and Richard needs to renew his Cayman drivers license.  I'm hoping to get my bicycle moving again.  I feel like a good ride around the island is what I need.  

Tonight, I cooked.  We ate out last night so we were ready for a home cooked meal.  My grill still works so we had New York Strip Steaks (brought from home), baked potatoes and broccoli.  All prepared on the grill!  Easy peasy!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment