Wednesday, January 26, 2022

January 26, 2022 Wednesday

 We have been so busy enjoying our lovely paradise that I have been remiss in writing.  Richard is busy right now building us a new kayak dock.  The previous one has disappeared!  Hopefully, someone is enjoying it somewhere.  Maybe a big wave carried it off!  

Our friends, visiting the island for the week, are leaving in the morning.  It has been fun catching up!  That week went fast.  Right now it is 81 degrees, 68% humidity, and 71 is the dew point with a wind speed of 6 mph here on our island.  They are not heading back to the bitter cold of Iowa but it will be an adjustment for them, just the same.  

The barbecue held on Saturday evening at the Hungry Iguana was so much fun!  There was a live band that sounded absolutely professional!! They played all my favorite songs!  The band members are all from here on LC.  

I still am trying to get food and supplies sent over from Grand.  Cost-U-Less has had my order for almost two weeks now!  Kirk Market is sending things finally to arrive on the 2:30 flight today.  I'm crossing my fingers!  Richard has talked to the guy from the marina to come service the boat motor.  He said he would arrive last week and we haven't heard a word from him!  Nothing!!  Now we have hired a different guy who used to work for Harbor House Marina on Grand.  He has started his own company.  This is a young guy and he is very good at what he does.  He will show up!  Yes!  It has always been hard to get things done on the island but now it is next to impossible.  Thanks COVID!  We have to be very patient here.  I called Grand to pay our vehicle insurances and it took half an hour.  The girl said she was checking things.  While holding she held "Hello" "Good Morning so and so! How are you?" conversations with several people.  All conversations for me to hear.  I interrupted her and said my battery was running out on my phone and I needed to end the call. Gave her my card number and hung up!  What a riot!!!  

Yesterday, Richard and I played a new game called Qwirkle. Emily and Sheldon introduced us to it over Christmas.  It is great for 2 people or 4.  

I have been in the sun but well protected at all times.  I'm not keen to loosing any more of my body parts!


1 comment: