Tuesday, January 11, 2022

January 11, 2022 Tuesday

 Hello Little Cayman!  Richard and I arrived yesterday around 3:00 Cayman time.  We actually left Ames on Sunday and flew to Charlotte, N.C. and then on to Miami.  We overnighted there so we could take a Cayman Airways flight to Grand Cayman.  Cayman is only accepting Cayman Airways flights to the island.  The pandemic rages on!  It was eerie landing on Grand.  We were the only plane and only a few of us on it.  The airports in the US are bustling!  Cayman is still shut down to tourists so the place is deserted  Very sad!  

The weather is spectacular!  The sky is so pretty here.  We headed to the Georgetown Yacht Club to enjoy lunch on Grand.  Grand is like a ghost town. 

We flew on to Little Cayman, got in our truck and arrived at the house.  Everything looked beautiful!  Marc and the crew had cleaned up the property and did a spectacular job!  I'm impressed!  They power washed the whole outside of our house too!  My windows are shiny clean and everything is spotless!  I love it!  Turns out I love things super clean!!!  Who knew!

I got everything unpacked last night.  Seems I can't stop until it's finished.  I slept good eventually but it took me awhile to adjust to the humidity and temp.  What a difference from Iowa!  It is so great to be here.  I am missing that the kids won't be coming though.  

There is hardly anyone on the island.  It is so strange.  It's like we are here alone.  Tomorrow we get tested for Covid again.  Hopefully, we will still be negative.  Our friends Marcia and Mark are leaving island tomorrow.  They planned to stay longer but duty calls.  We will miss them.  Gayle and Ian are still here.  Thank heavens!  The tiny resorts are empty.  Even Beach Resort has only 8 guests!  

Prices at the tiny grocery store here have gone up immensely!  I'm going to call places on Grand to find some better prices and have things flown over.  Hopefully, even with flight charges it will save some money.  

It sure is great to be back, even if things are a little quiet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment