Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Today was an exciting day on our tiny island paradise.  A 7.7 magnitude earthquake hit about 50 miles east and a little south of us.  It was only about 6 miles deep in the Caribbean sea.  As luck would have it, I was laying in my hammock on the beach when it hit.  Richard was standing right along side of me.  It lasted 28 seconds but felt to me like 28 minutes!  It was terrible!  We watched our house shake and heard and saw the windows rattling.  Island police drove by telling everyone to go to high ground in case of tsunami threat.  Our house did not receive any damage and we are grateful.   Tonight when I opened a cupboard door, my spices fell out.  Crazy! 

Yesterday was a much more relaxing day.  I went on a long bike ride in the morning.  In the afternoon, Richard and I paddled to Owen Island and went snorkeling and swimming.  The water was so flat.  Super easy paddling.  We used our new sun shelter tent from Natalie and Michael.  It works wonderful.  We will be using it a lot! 

Last night we went to dinner with friends.  With all this calm weather, the barge has been arriving in a timely fashion.  I grocery shopped today.  Richard has been fishing from a boat that has been working great and catching tuna!  We have food. 
Our sun tent.  We love it!!  
We forgot the camera when on Owen so I took photo of it on our beach.
Our beautiful sunset tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment