Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday, March 2, 2015

Today I got to wake up when I wanted to.  We did not go fishing this morning.  They predicted big swells in the ocean and rough seas.  The morning was kind of lazy with little work projects.  We are working on the side jungle and I was picking up giant sea grape leaves when an army of biting ants attacked my feet and ankles.  Each time they get me my reaction seems to get worse.  This time I got big blisters and itched like I was on fire!  I ran and sprayed off and got benedryl cream but that was not enough.  I took a pill.  That finally helped.  I found a pair of fishing boots that Richard outgrew and I will wear those when I work from now on.  That "episode" slowed me down.  I eventually made lunch.

After lunch we hauled beach sand to our beach.  We need to do repair work after all the stump removal.  This was fun as I wasn't being attacked by ants!  I cut some island sea grape branches off and the sand fleas started attacking.  It seems this was the day of angry biters!

I decided to try to make a loaf of gluten free bread today.  I pulled out the bread machine to see if it worked.  I followed instructions on line for a flour mixture I had brought along.  It had me add milk, eggs, honey, olive oil and yeast.  It turned out great!  We tried it and it tastes great too!  Yay!

Richard and I sat outside tonight for a long time.  The weather is so perfect and the moon is nearly full tonight.  Cutie Pie came along to talk to us on the beach.  I don't know if I mentioned in an earlier blog post that he is still here on our property.  He is full grown now and very handsome.  When he talks to us he sounds like a horrible croak.  What a cutie!  I guess that is why we call him Cutie Pie!  Every day after lunch, Wnston, the iguana from next door comes over to visit us.  He is very large!  I ask him if he wants something to eat and he shakes his head up and down.  It is unbelievable!  I always get him some pieces of broccoli.  They are vegetarians.  You could set your watch by this guy coming over.

Another day comes to a close on our wonderful island escape.  This place is really special.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment