Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thursday, February 6, 2020

It is time for another blog post from Little Cayman.  I must be lounging around on my hammock too much instead of posting my meanderings.  We enjoyed the smooth, calm days and are now back in a windy phase.  The high tide is back again and we are watching our kayaks out on the kayak dock.  We may have to move them to high ground so they don't float away.  I understand this is a 50 year tide phenomenon. 

We have been enjoying the yummy tuna Richard has caught but my favorite of this season has been a tasty Rainbow Runner.  He caught a nice big one and it is a whiter fish that grilled up perfectly.  We  enjoyed it with a guest out on the porch.  We have been using our ThermaCell bug repellers in the evenings.  They keep the sand fleas and mosquitoes away so we can enjoy sitting out longer. 

I have been doing my bike rides again this season but have started going on walks also.  I need to start my long beach walks again too. 

Tonight is a fundraiser for the Little Cayman Museum.  Everyone on the island will be there including us.  It will be a tasty event as the resorts will cater yummy and fancy hors d'oeuvres.  Time to socialize. 

The snorkeling has been very beautiful this year.  Water temperatures are 82 degrees but it gets a little cooler when one gets out in the 40 foot water.  Yesterday it felt good to get out in the cooler water as it was a hot day here on the island.  One night this season we turned on the air conditioning to sleep.  It has been comfortable and lovely to sleep with the windows open.

Our little baby rock iguana is still residing in our truck.  Yesterday, he crawled out and meandered to the water dish for a big drink.  When finished he rushed back to the truck and jumped up on the tire and went back to his hiding place under the hood.  He travels all over the island with us on our adventures.  I wonder what he first thought when we showed up and started driving his house around.  Poor little guy!  I'm wondering if I should start putting some lettuce and broccoli in there for him to munch on.
find the Flounder
Here is a very large Sea Urchin.
Find the fish!
Large Grouper!
Fish in the 40 feet of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment