Saturday, February 22, 2020

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Today is 02-22-2020.  I missed typing on 02-20-2020.  Darn!  I haven't been posting as much this year here on the island.  Emily and Sheldon left and I was sad for awhile.  It just seemed too quiet and lonely.  The lonely feeling happens to me every time the kids leave after a visit.  They are all settled at home again with their puppies and bunnies. 

Richard and I snorkeled at Point of Sand yesterday.  The water was super clear and warm but that darn current was strong.  I had a really good work out swimming.  Even the multitude of fish we saw were practically being swept away!  The coral looks to be in pretty good condition.  I didn't notice any bleaching.  I have been enjoying watching the tiny frogs that show up on our windows in the evenings here.  Their favorite food seems to be moths.  These moths are not very smart.  They invariably flit right in close to the frog and that is that!  There was a good sized one on the sliding glass door the other night.  Very cute. 

This afternoon I went down the steps and scared three roosters and a chicken who were getting a drink out of the water pan by the outdoor shower.  I guess I better put up a sign that it is for birds and iguanas only.  They sped off squawking all the way. 

The new T-top has arrived for the boat.  Tomorrow Richard and Peter will install it.  Our bimini top is still fine but I guess the new one will make fishing easier.  We are also on the lookout for a new truck.  The airconditioner died and it is hot here. 
Here is our cutie frog getting his supper!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment