Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday, March 13,2019

As I sit here typing my blog post tonight, the sky is still red off to the west.  We are still enjoying these beautiful sunsets.  Today the weather was not as "close".  The dew point was down to 70 and there was a nice breeze blowing.  We enjoyed it, of course!  I so love having the windows open and being a part of the outdoors.  Lately, we have been enjoying getting to know the morning doves here on our property.  They are called Zenaida doves.  For some reason they like being around us.  They come to the water dishes we have out and practically ask for new water.  They are such characters!  I refresh water dishes here for the birds a couple times a day.  Even the iguanas have been caught drinking from them.  The bananaquits still get the award for the most entertaining though.  Their baths are quite a sight to behold!

Tonight for dinner I fixed chicken and baked potatoes on the grill and green beans.  It was such a plain meal but did it taste good.  We are lucky to be eating so well.  Our grocery store is empty again and the barge isn't coming in until Monday!  Not even any oranges or bananas!  Emily and Sheldon are arriving Saturday and I would like to feed them.  I do have potato chips.  I stocked up!  Sheldon and I both love chips!

Life is good here on our tiny island paradise.  We have been enjoying our time with our island friends and making the most of every single minute here. 


1 comment:

  1. You could give Damien a call - see his new business venture:
    https://littlecaymangrocery.com/

    ReplyDelete