Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Today Richard and I woke up around 6:30 A.M. which is 7:30 Iowa time.  How we slept that late is amazing as by 7:00 last night Richard was snoring and I was by 8:30!  We were exhausted!

This morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and started to work. We discovered the window blinds we bought the day before on Grand were the wrong size.  A.L.Thompson had already sent them to Thompson Shipping so I asked them to pick them up and refund my money.  They did not have the size I needed.  So I called another small store and they have my size.  I tried to purchase them with my credit card but they said I had to come in the store to purchase them.  It took me all morning to talk to a manager and convince them to sell me the blinds and put them on the barge to Little Cayman. Such silliness!

Our Internet did not get installed.  They will come next Wednesday now to do it.  We have had our order in for two months.  They got busy and told us we had to wait.  It is so strange not having e-mail or facebook and also no TV!  Thank heavens we are too busy enjoying paradise to pay attention to technology!  Thank you to Southern Cross Club for allowing us to borrow their Internet this evening.

We had our dinner on the porch this evening as well as lunch.  The sunset was so pretty and the weather is beyond perfect.  All the effort and exasperation melt away when you are here relaxing while you work!

They are busy cleaning and closing up the little resort next door to us.  They painted all the buildings and it looks very nice.  I wonder what will happen there in the future.  Johnny, who lives on the other side of us is not here this year.  He had surgery.  So Richard and I are all alone in the world.

Today an island friend stopped by to see us.  It is so fun to get company.  I am excited to catch up with everyone here on island.  These first few days we seem to concentrate on just settling in.  Then we can party!

No comments:

Post a Comment