Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday, January 27, 2017

I awoke to another glorious day on Little Cayman Island this morning.  It is so great to be warm!  Today was another busy day.  I worked on beach clean up again this morning.  Yesterday I started but got into some nasty ants.  I just ran and never even went back!  I had welts on me that itched beyond control.  All I was trying to do was rake up the seaweed that washed up on a windy day from the Southwest.  It is super unusual for us to get wind from that direction.

This seems to be my season of being eaten alive!  I lost a day this last week being sick from a nasty brown recluse spider.  Luckily it was a small one.  I still have a scar that I guess can last a week.  I had fever, chills, nausea and could do nothing but lay there.  Glad that is over! It was a riot!

Richard and I went to the north side today to snorkel but suddenly a black cloud appeared there.  So we came back to our sunshine and took the kayaks out.  It is strange how a cloud can show up in one location on such a tiny island.  We finished kayaking and I went for a swim. It was wonderful!  Afterward I layed on a beach chair and read a little from my newest book.    I felt like a queen!

We had leftovers for supper tonight so my queen for a day routine continued!

It will be early to bed for us tonight as we are doing the run/walk/bike for cancer fundraiser tomorrow morning.  We will ride our bikes down to Southern Cross Club, where the event will start at 7:00 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment