Thursday, January 26, 2023

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Time flies when you are having fun!  It is Thursday already. I'm sitting here typing this in airconditioned comfort.  Yesterday, I gave in and turned on the air!  Usually we don't turn it on until sometime in March but I guess its Global Warming making me too warm this year.  Our weather is so perfect but somehow it's hot in the house!  

I went grocery shopping to our tiny store today.  They had eggs and bananas so it was a big deal! I placed an order by email to a store on Grand last Saturday and still haven't heard a word.  Seems everything has changed since the pandemic happened.  One has to really slow down and not expect things to happen while here.  Richard ordered lumber from Grand. It was supposed to arrive on yesterdays barge. We got the bill by email from the barge (90.00CI). But no lumber.  Turns out the shipping company didn't want to put just one flat of lumber on.  It was the only lumber that week.  So they just let it sit!  Richard was anxious to work!  We are replacing all the decking around our house.  It is not a small amount of lumber! The shipper said not to pay the bill until it arrives. Well yes!!

Last Sunday my molar broke off while eating.  Monday was a holiday here, so on Tuesday I flew to Brac to see a dentist.  He put a temporary filling and said to eat only a soft diet until I get home the end of April. I need a crown. Turns out the dentist is coming here tomorrow (Friday).  I could have seen him here and saved a lot of money!  What a riot! 

Richard and I are still running around in dirty clothes!  The next barge arriving will bring my machine and the lumber.  It'll be like Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment