Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday, January 29, 2016

We had rain this morning!  A lot of it!  Big waves came rolling in also so we stayed inside.  There was plenty to do indoors and it was kind of fun. Last night we had friends over for dinner.  We are so lucky to have so many great friends here on the island.  This is the greatest place ever!

Today we picked up our air conditioner from the barge.   Natalie and her friend are arriving tomorrow and she said we must have an air conditioner for her.  It is installed but I sure don't like it much.  I think it is fun to just have open windows and enjoy the sea breezes.  I'm sure she will turn it on!  I'm so excited to have Natalie coming for a visit.  It will be fun!

We have our iguana still living under the bench below the house and I have seen our geckoes.  The iguana remembers us and comes out to visit us whenever we go down below.  Our anole visited us yesterday on the porch also.  I am sad to say, we have not seen Cutie Pie yet this year.  They don't live super long lives but I am hoping that maybe he just relocated.

Our new blinds for the bathroom windows arrived and I installed them.  I absolutely love them!  They are white instead of blue and it totally changes the look of the room.  It looks so much more beachy!!
Tomorrow I am ordering them for the whole house.  I'll have to find someone who wants my old ones.

Richard has not been able to put the boat in the water yet because of motor trouble!  The hydraulics are broken.  What a bummer!  This environment is very hard on stuff and you have to do a lot of maintenance.  I think he may want to buy his own boat now more than ever!

My injury to my leg has healed up enough just in time.  I know we will be in the water a lot when Natalie arrives tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment