Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This morning at 7:00 we suddenly had rain again.  It rained hard for about a half hour and then off and on for awhile after that.  Then the sun came out and it was beautiful all day.  I wonder if it'll happen again tonight or tomorrow?  Two days in a row is kind of strange. 

Our day was busy as usual.  Richard did some fishing in the morning and I cleaned the ceiling of the porch.  It gets a lot of bugs and cobwebs while we are gone.  I also sat in my chair on the beach and took it easy. 

After lunch I worked outside.  The driveway is a project that we just slowly make progress on.  Richard replaced all the doorknobs on the house and put on a new screen door closer.  We seem to have a lot of little projects to work on.  We have not gone in the water yet as I have this chest thing going on.  It steals my energy.  I also have a big ugly blister on my foot and a lovely burn on my hand that I got on the oven the day before we left home.  Richard thinks I should heal up before we snorkel.  Luckily I have a good book I am reading. 

Today we called Blossom Construction again to hire the guys to come help us move rock on the beach.  I am excited to make serious progress on those darn rocks.  The storm surge over summer brought in some nice sand to our beach.  This is motivating us to get the rocks out. 

I got an e-mail that the barge carrying our scooter should be in on Thursday.  How exciting is that! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mom and Dad! I got your call tonight, but unfortunately the motion of pulling the phone out of my pocket canceled the call. Damn touch screens! Anyway, I'm glad you're doing well. Isn't it unusual for you to have rain this time of year? We got rain here too, some pretty heavy stuff last night, and it was in the 50's! Now we're going to get heavy snow and single digit temperatures for a few days, because of course we will, it's Iowa. Sorry we couldn't talk tonight, sleep well!

    ReplyDelete