Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday, January 28, 2013

This morning at 12:30 we awoke to a sudden rain.  It was such a surprise as the sky was so clear when we went to bed with that beautiful full moon.  The rain didn't last long but we had to hurry and close windows and I had to dry floors.  Then there was that wonderful smell of fresh rain.  I immediately fell back to sleep. 

We got up about 7:00 and took it easy.  Richard went bone fishing after getting his fly rod ready to go.  I did a few stretches to loosen up my body and then spent a nice long time in the hammock on the beach side of the house.  I was reading a book but succumbed to a serious nap.  I think I was fighting that cold Richard had.  Thank goodness I am in this environment where it can't get me.  After a hardy lunch, we got the bikes out and went to get a few items at the store.  Wow!  It sure felt good to ride that bike.  I really feel like I'm back on the island now.  It was a hot ride as the sun was shining brightly on us.  After getting our "goodies" put away we both headed for the hammocks and took a nap again.  What is going on?! 

There is always an issue with sand burrs ( stickers) on the beach.  I decided to do a little removal of them after my nap.  People say to take an old shirt and wrap it around some rocks and then drag it over the sand.  It will collect all the stickers and then you just throw it away.  I am going to try this tomorrow.  Today I just picked them up and it was taking forever.    They are sure nasty little things. 

This evening we are just relaxing.  It is nice and cool in the house.  We were down on the beach earlier this evening watching the water and sky.  It was so  beautiful.  All in all, I would say it was a pretty relaxing, lazy kind of day. 

Richard took this from his kayak today.  Our house is in the center with the tiny resort over on the left.  That tiny red dot on the beach in front of the house is my kayak.  The trees out front are the mangroves that are susposed to protect us from hurricanes.  I think they just block our view.  It is against the law to remove them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment