Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Already it is Sunday.  Where have the days gone?!  The weather today was just beautiful.  Mid 80's with a lovely breeze.  This morning we moved a little slower.  It was nice.  I washed Richard's work clothes so he put up my clothes line again for the year.  He worked on his kayak in the morning.  He installed some equipment to hold his paddle and his fishing pole.  He needs this so he can fish outside the breakers in the open ocean.  Sounds dangerous to me.  I spent time on the beach fiddling around and also went on a little walk. 

After lunch I decided to work a little on the driveway.  I had good intentions to just do a little but of course I got carried away.  It is fun to make progress though. 

We have been waiting a few days to get in the water as Thursday and Friday were very windy here.  We want the water to "settle down" after the windy days.  Tomorrow should be perfect.  Just being here in this environment is so much fun.  I guess because it is so different.  I mentioned to Richard that even sleeping here is an adventure.  The windows are open, the full moon is shining in and there is absolutely no noise.  At home we never have the windows open.  Always the air conditioner is on.

We tried to get a photo of the full moon coming up tonight.  It was huge and shining through one of our coconut trees.  It looked like a beautiful post card.  The settings were incorrect on the camera, so no luck.

The sunset was pretty so Richard shot some photos from our deck. 

We had a good dinner tonight.  For some reason, we tend to always be eating a lot here.  Would not want to be on a diet here. 

In the background on this photo you can see the curve of the island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment