Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

 It has been awhile since I typed on my blog.  I have been busy but I must admit maybe I was just a little lazy!  A lot has happened!  The biggest event is Miss Kaylee Scarlet Schlie was born on February 8.  Talk about exciting!  I was sitting out front and suddenly Richard comes to me with his phone.  Emily had been trying to call me.  Her water broke a whole month before her due date! We have been in a whirlwind ever since!  I'm typing different and maybe even look different now that I'm a grandma.  Kaylee weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.  That's a nice size for a 36 week baby!  I have been giddy everyday since!  We are finally flying to DC to meet her on Thursday.  We had to change our flights for earlier ones and the big day is finally near.  

Our weather has been perfect here in paradise and we are loving it.  Luckily, I didn't forget how to snorkel. We have been enjoying the crystal clear waters and this relaxing atmosphere.  

Richard has kept us supplied with Tuna and we have been eating pretty well. Our grocery store is still offering intermittent food and I find it is a job trying to shop there.  We have hope it'll improve soon.  

It sounds crazy but I'm sure enjoying doing the laundry now that I have a clothes dryer.  What a gift!!

Well, I'm signing off! I have to go look at pictures of sweet baby Kaylee again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment