Monday, April 8, 2019

Monday, April 8, 2019

The countdown is on.  I have to leave our island paradise.  After all my efforts to get food here, I am now trying to use things up and get rid of food.  The last week here, leaving is always on my mind.  I am soaking up this sunshine and heat as they are now predicting a mid April snowstorm back home. 

Today I spent the afternoon in the water.  Tomorrow will be packing day and putting my beach chairs away and other items into storage.  Goodbye hammocks! 

Tomorrow CCMI (Central Caribbean Marine Institute) is going to do a live streaming from our beach.  It will be busy around here.  They just might spot the shark I saw close to shore by our kayaks this morning.  I just happened to look out the window and there he was.  Showing off his big dorsal fin!  I could see almost his whole body as he went swimming by.  He is about 4 feet long.  He is probably a Lemon Shark or a Silky.  Impressive!  He has been hanging around here lately. 

I am already looking forward to coming back next January.

1 comment: