Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tuesday, March 5,2013

I am typing this post from the airport in North Carolina.  Yesterday the Internet was not working at our house.  Our last day was a busy one.  The weather was beautiful of course.  We enjoyed every minute of our time.  We got a call from Marc at Blossom Construction and he sent the guys over to work on our place at 1:00.  We had an area with a bunch of leaves that we wanted cleaned up.  They did a wonderful job.  We were busy cleaning equipment and putting bikes away and washing our kayaks. 

I fed Ellie one last time.  She is so friendly. I took my bike on one last big ride. Richard and I went out to the Hungry Iguana for dinner and it was a really nice time. 

This morning we got up early and packed up and closed the house.  Mike and Linda said they wanted to pick us up and take us to the airport. 

When we woke up today the weather was perfect for fishing.  Boy was it hard to leave.  Our flight was at 9:15 and it got later and later.  We called Mike and he was out fishing.  Linda was going to pick us up and unfortunately, she forgot.  I went next door and Bruno was kind enough to run us over.  When we got to the airport Patti was there to see us off and Linda was there too.  I felt bad for her, as it is hard when you forget someone.  We had a fun sendoff.  Karen went to Grand also and we had lunch with her.  Janet and her hubby were on  our flight too.

I took this photo earlier with my cell phone.
This is the last picture of the beach and house.  This shows all our hard work on the beach.  We did lots of stump removal and will work on the left side next year.
Now, we are in airport world.  Until next year, when January rolls around again and we return to Little Cayman.

1 comment: